Quaker Safety Advantage
- Delivery Quaker Safety’s prompt delivery of custom made garments remains unsurpassed in the fire service industry. An express delivery option is available for those time-critical situations.
- Quality Quaker Safety achieves its industry leading quality by using the finest raw materials available from the most recognized suppliers in the fire service industry and carefully controlling the garment manufacturing process with our ISO 9001 certified procedures. Quaker Safety stands behind its products by providing a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Service Quaker Safety’s qualified staff, distributors and material suppliers are eager to assist you in every facet of the selection, lifetime care, and maintenance of your turnout gear.
- Custom Made Garments Quaker Safety offers its customers a broad selection of garment styles, materials and options from which to choose. Custom sized garments enhance the comfort, mobility and safety of the fire fighter. Coats are available in a variety of lengths and a range of even chest sizes from 30” to 68”, with sleeves available in one inch increments. Pants are available in variety of styles and a range of even waist sizes from 26” to 64”, with inseams available in one inch increments.
- Outer Shells The majority of Quaker Safety’s structural outer shells are treated with an enhanced water repellent finish for superior abrasion and water absorption resistance, as compared to conventional water repellent finishes.
- Moisture Barriers All moisture barriers manufactured by W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. and Stedfast Inc. offer outstanding breathability, thermal stability and durability.
- Thermal Liners The face cloth of the thermal liners manufactured by TenCate Protective Fabrics include a wicking finish to enhance comfort by moving perspiration away from the body and spreading moisture for improved dissipation.
- Outer Shell Seams All major seams are quadruple stitched with Tex 90 NOMEX® thread for unsurpassed strength. Lock stitching is used on all minor seams.
- Liner Seams All major seams are double stitched with Tex 60 NOMEX® thread for extra strength. Lock stitching is used on all minor seams.
- Fire Retardant (FR) Hook and Loop Tape All hook and loop tape is treated with a fire retardant finish to provide a service life far exceeding that of conventional hook and loop tape.
- Pockets External pockets include flaps secured with FR hook and loop tape and brass drainage eyelets.
- Reinforced Hardware Secured through at least two layers of material or backed by suede leather to prevent the hardware from "pulling through" the garment.
- Bar Code Labels All outer shells and liners include bar code labels to facilitate tracking.
- Reinforced Stress Points All stress points are bartacked for extra strength.